"Man is disturbed not by things, but by the views he takes of them." Epictetus
***Using the indicators below, rate each of the 23 statements as they pertain to symptoms you've experienced during the past week to ten days 0 = never 1= rarely 2= sometimes/occasionally 3= often
1. Worry, fear, nervousness.
2. Things around you feel strange or unreal.
3. Feeling detatched from your body.
4. Sudden feelings of panic.
5. A sense of impending doom.
6. Feeling on edge, tense or stressed out.
1. Difficulty focusing/concentrating on tasks.
2. Racing thoughts.
3. Fears of being alone/isolated.
4. Fear of losing control.
5. Fear of going crazy.
6. Fear of passing out, having a heart attack, or dying.
7. Fears of criticism or disapproval.
8. Fear that something terrible is about to happen.
1. Pounding, racing or skipping of heart.
2. Pain, pressure, and/or tightness in chest.
3. Muscle tension, head/neck/back pain.
4. Easily startled, restlessness.
5. Weakness in legs, trembling or shaking.
6. Constipation or diarrhea
7. Feeling tired or weak for no apparent reason.
8. A choking sensation or feeling like you can't catch your breath
9. Stomach discomfort/nervousness.
KEY: 3- 5 = borderline anxiety
6-15 = mild anxiety
16-25 = moderate anxiety
26-39 = high anxiety
40- ^ = severe anxiety
*** It is important to consult your physician to rule out the possibility that the symptoms you are experiencing are not caused by or related to a medical condition.